Featured Post

Yes its sinking in.. Rank 40, CSE 2015.The UPSC circle- the close and the beginning.

Bagh-e-Bahisht Se Mujhe Hukam-e-Safar Diya Tha Kyun Kaar-e-Jahan Daraz Hai, Ab Mera Intezar Kar                      - Mohammad...

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Alone with a dream, in a city

.
जिसे तूने  रब-सा पाया था,
जो सदा से तेरा हमसाया था।
जिसे खो के भी खो  सकेगा तू,
तुझमे वो तेरा अभिमान हूँ मैं...

I wrote them years ago. Times were different then. Well they always are. And the lines mean more deeply to me, than then.

There is this something which is troubling me since past few days. I wish to resolve it. 

I  bid adieu to New delhi, few days back. And here I am in one of the most beautiful cities of India, Chandigarh. Delhi made me a different person. I would rather say, it transformed me from a kid to a young woman, a thinking and questioning woman. I learned. I failed. I rose. I lost. I found. Yes, Delhi I remember everything you gave me, and I'm thankful to you. I'll come back one day I promise.


I am on my way to something, and I do not know if I'd get it or not. People make choices, sometimes sacrifices. Sometimes life itself is taking away from you, some sacrifices, without even your knowledge. That is how they say, the balance is maintained, Isostasy, you see. 


People come and people go. Moments appear and moments depart. Cities, villages, towns, all so different and yet full of similar people become a part of our lives, and so do their stories. We're all heading somewhere. And we don't know whether we'll get there or not. But let this not stop us from living life as it comes, cherishing it, growing old with it, wiser and evolved. We are humans after all. We can think, question, complicate, and resolve. For its all in our heads. For even animals can feel. But we can channelise our feelings, derive energy from them.


Living alone in a new city, teaches you a lot of things. Yes you're alone and that pinches you often. But, you know you have a purpose. And you have somewhere started to trust your efforts. Believe me, don't trust anyone else, but them.

12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your command is superb both on Hindi as well English!! Touched by above lines.....
    my heartily wishes are wid u dat u acheive ur purpose very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks sameer. i pray you achieve yours too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you kept your promise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enter your comment...which buk i need 4r prelims

    ReplyDelete
  7. i m in confusion how i strart for prelims preparation

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't have words for u...congratz. nd gbu!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't have words for u...congratz. nd gbu!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.“The harder you fall, the stronger you rise.”
    God bless you

    ReplyDelete