Featured Post

Yes its sinking in.. Rank 40, CSE 2015.The UPSC circle- the close and the beginning.

Bagh-e-Bahisht Se Mujhe Hukam-e-Safar Diya Tha Kyun Kaar-e-Jahan Daraz Hai, Ab Mera Intezar Kar                      - Mohammad...

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Beyond reasons...

I am a human of reason.
But, reasons are heavy, like words are.
And my words can never explain some things.
Their meanings are too bulky to travel to you that far.

So, I do not have a reason to explain why
These times at dusk, and at dawn
I once again like a child 
want to be heard, seen and known.

And I just need you to be there, 
that other side of the horizon in that far away sky
just to ask me once how I had been,
Just to hear from you, that enchanting 'one hi'.

I know its too much to ask for in words.
So, every-time, something in me decides to stay quiet.
You know what it is?
Its that 'I' in I.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes that elusive hello is all we want. Even though we may not have have anything to say after that, all we may want is to share silence together. Feeling this way can be so elating and frustrating at the same time.
    Beautifully written, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. :) Well.. elating and frustrating at the same time! i wonder! I guess it was frustrating then, after writing it out, it felt better:)

      Delete
  2. there is so much more to his silence...maybe he thinks the words wont do justice to a conversation with you. A hi is too redundant, a song too mushy...he thought about writing a poem for you...but then poems r written for those who are elusive. Close your eyes, he might be there, somewhere, hiding in your dreams.

    ReplyDelete